Thursday, September 9, 2010

Everything new is cool!

We now officially have moved on from an apple to an avocado! We just had our 4 month checkup and everything is going swimmingly! The heart beat was 140 this time and it was 165 last time but I think the appointments were at different times of the day. I have officially gained 3 pounds so far but feel like I have gained 10! I should begin to feel the baby at any moment. Between now and the next two weeks...so they say. I'll be so glad when I have that extra reassurance. No major cravings yet but I have had to have mac'n'cheese at least once a week and desserts at night have become a big event! We lit the fire last night and has smores! YUM!!!
Quentin and I do not have much personally to update you on...work is work and we look forward to weekends more then anything!  This weekend we are going to the Zoo with Grandma, Prairie Village Jazz Festival, Old Settlers Days and possibly Emma's Soccer Game.  Big weekend with lots of fun ahead!

Onto the Gusser...well he thinks everything new is cool these days.  We took him to the dog park and I thought he was going to crawl out of his skin with excitement.  "Ooooh Mama Ooooh....Dada Dada Ooooooh Oooooh!"  It was really cute.  He wanted to play with all of the dogs.  We also went to Santa-Cali-Gon days which Gus slept through most of but was able to wake up for some fair food, pulling ducks for prizes and staring at the ferris wheel in amazement.  Unfortunately he is still to small to ride anything but he wanted to.  He is getting his final 4 teeth in which has been a little bit of a rough ride but we are ready for the full grill so we can stop having a slobber monster on our hands :-)  His new favorite thing is helping Daddy with anything he is "fixing" especially if it involves tools!  His favorite is the wrench that probably weighs more then he does!  He will tell you all about what he is fixing as he points, works and jabbers about it.
Love hanging out on the porch...though it is hard to eat a banana and smoosh your face into the screen door at the same time!

Not a huge fan of fettucini noodles sticking to my face while I eat!  That fork thing is difficult!
I'm so tired I can't even eat my snack!  Sleeping and eating at the same time is a great talent to have.

Playing tea party at my Second Cousin Missy and Great Grandpa's Birthday party with Kaitlyn and Brady.
Don't I look like a little man and not a baby anymore?
Daddy did my hair...YIKES!!!
This is one of my favorite outside toys...unfortunately I always try to sit on the worms neck instead of the seat...lots of crashes but I'm learning...now if I could only figure out how to go forward and not just backward...reminds me of when I started crawling!  :-0
Working on Grandma's new bike with Dad!
This tool works much better then the wrench!
Oooh Mama look at that doggy!
Look at Rudy in the water at the Dog Park!
Going for a stroll!
Smell the wildflowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment